Asbestos / Mesothelioma
If you or a loved one suffered from Asbestos exposure you may have grounds for a lawsuit. Asbestos becomes a health risk when its fibers are inhaled and accumulate in the lungs and can eventually lead to dangerous forms of cancer including Mesothelioma (a cancer linked to the exposure of asbestos) or Lung Cancer. Unfortunately, the symptoms associated with asbestos exposure can take years to become evident. Many times, victims are not diagnosed with mesothelioma or lung cancer until the condition is in an advanced stage.
Asbestos diseases are common in the following types of trades and occupations:
- Insulators- those who install and work with insulation
- Ship Builders- building and maintaining ships increases the risk of airborne exposure
- Construction- asbestos products were commonly used in home and building projects
- Mining- poor ventilation can lead to exposure
- Auto Mechanics-the danger from asbestos resides in asbestos fibers becoming airborne during brake, clutch, and gasket installation, removal, and inspection.
- Railroad Workers- Regular maintenance involved the removal and replacement of asbestos insulation; exposing workers to airborne asbestos fibers.
- Appliance Shops-where older asbestos–containing consumer products were repaired.
- Schools-workers and students have been exposed to insulation containing asbestos
- Power Plants-plants built before 1988 were high risk for exposure
Mesothelioma from Asbestos Exposure? Contact a Kansas City Attorney
Because the disease is preventable – asbestos exposure usually is caused by someone else’s negligence. With our experience and the resources to properly investigate your claim, we can help you seek the financial damages you need.
To learn more, contact Wendt Law Firm P.C. today.